Resident Resources


During this uncertain time, U Lofts Apartments remains committed to assisting our residents through this crisis. We’ve compiled a list of resources that may be useful to you and your loved ones while navigating the effects of Coronavirus on day-to-day life. As always, we are here to help.
The Texas Department of Health & Human Services is the most trusted site to find Texas-specific information and updates regarding COVID-19.

The City of Lubbock Health Department continues to provide local updates regarding COVID-19.

The United Way Helpline is available for general assistance and able to connect callers with many different resources: call 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211.

If you are a student experiencing food insecurity, the Raider Red’s Food Pantry can be reached at or (806) 742-2984. If you are not a student but are in need of food benefits, click here.

Texas Tech’s mental health resources can be accessed by calling (806) 743-1327, (800) 327-0328, or emailing

The Disaster Distress Helpline can be reached at 1-800-985-5990.
If you are a Texas Tech student experiencing unanticipated hardship, or you know a student who is, you can apply for the Legacy Now Student Foundation here.

If you are a Texas Tech student in need of remote learning support, click here.

If you are employed in Texas and have experienced job loss or reduced hours due to the COVID-19 crisis, you can file a claim for unemployment benefits here.

If you own or are employed by a small business experiencing hardship, the U.S. Small Business Administration is offering multiple loans, resources, and guidance.

The Bartender Emergency Assistance Program is available to bartenders and spouses or children of bartenders experiencing emergency hardship.

Direct Payments from the Federal Government

The federal government will be making one-time cash payments directly to our citizens. These payments should be issued during the month of April either by check or direct deposit. How much will you receive?

  • Individuals earning less than $75,000 will receive $1,200.
  • Married couples earning less than $150,000 will receive $2,400.
  • If you have children, you will receive $500 per child.
  • Individuals earning more than $75,000 and less than $99,000 – and couples earning more than $150,000 and less than $198,000 – are eligible for a lesser amount.
Enhanced Unemployment Benefits

If you have lost your job, you can apply for state unemployment benefits here
Congress is enhancing state unemployment to provide more income and to cover more people.
  • Adds $600 per week for four months on top of state unemployment.
  • Adds up to 13 weeks of additional unemployment benefits to those already enrolled but who are nearing the end of benefits.
  • Expands the program to include a number of workers not normally eligible to receive unemployment benefits. This includes:
    • Freelancers
    • Independent contractors/gig workers
    • Self-employed
    • Those with limited work history
    • Employees who are still employed, but whose hours have been reduced

It is important to apply as soon as possible.  To help expedite aid, the federal government is funding the first week of benefits to encourage states to waive traditional waiting periods, but it may still take a couple of weeks to be processed.